My favorite online vet and bird-id-verifier, KatDoc, tagged me with the "Six Random Facts" meme. I've never done one of these before, and can't think why anyone would want to glean any more information about me than already shines through in these pages, but what the heck. Here goes nuttin':
- I love classic radio shows. As in the old drama, music and comedy shows from the 1930s, '40s and '50s. I've loved them for years, but since getting XMRadio almost a year ago I've been in radio heaven with an entire channel devoted to these classics. My favorites: Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, Jimmy Stewart's The Six Shooter, the original Dragnet, Fibber McGee & Molly, and William Conrad as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke. They just don't make radio like that any more. Siriusly!
- My knees contain more hardware than cartilage. A result of playing too much contact sports (basketball and volleyball) in my younger days. (Or perhaps of too little coordination, but I'll never admit that!) I've even been known to set off a metal detector or two in the distant past.
- I once visited the Polar Bear Capitol of the World and never saw a single bear. My Wonderful Wife and I took a 10-day nature tour to Churchill, Manitoba for our fifth anniversary a few years back, and never saw a single bear (or any of the other land-dwelling arctic mammals expected). We spotted dozens and dozens of ptarmigans, took an entire day hiking to find a (newly-abandoned) arctic fox den, and we did get to see pods of beluga whales, but no bears. No explaining our luck.
- My ultimate dream job: full-time writer. Some day...
- Part-time jobs I held to pay my way through college: farm labor, washing dishes in a bio-chemistry lab, fence building, architectural draftsman, church janitor, data entry for insurance agency, house-sitting, furniture moving (that one often just garnered pizza and fuel as payment). None of which looked particularly helpful on my first resume applying for a computer programming position.
- I have another blog that is a repository of new and old Kid Songs. It's a fun project, still very much in the works. Lyrics for over 130 songs currently included.
Here are the rules for Six Random Things:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. Susan at Susan Gets Native
2. Christopher at Picus Blog
3. 2SweetNSaxy at Eyes, Mind, Heart
4. Alan at Birds 'n Such
5. Wren at Wrenaissance Reflections
6. Bevson at Murmuring Trees