Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mercer Arboretum

I took a little drive last Saturday to check out the Mercer Arboretum and Botanical Gardens (basically, a wooded park with walking trails) just north of the airport. I'd never been before, and it is reported to be a great place to see the Monarch butterflies as they migrate through the area.

Not a single Monarch was to be found (apparently they haven't made it this far south yet) and in fact I only saw three butterflies period. But it was still a pretty nice little getaway. So I thought I'd share a few of the "fruits" of my adventure.

click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
I actually saw very few birds on this walk, although the ones I did spot were pretty nice. I'll save those for tomorrow, though...

No comments: