Friday, August 22, 2008

A Midsummer's Afternoon

A quick post before heading out early for Parent Orientation at the kids' school. Here are a few more pictures from last weekend's coyote hunt.


This ruddy fellow looks so much like a dried chili pepper that it makes my lips burn to look at him. I don't know if he's some sort of Amberwing or something else entirely.


This little butterfly was much more shy than the fritillary I posted before. He only sat still long enough for me to get off the one shot before taking wing again and fluttering out of range.


I loved the little green nose and big green lips on this one. Looks almost like something straight out of a Pixar animation.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about dragonflies or butterflies to even venture a guess as to what kind any of these are. They shore were purty, tho!

No comments: