Thursday, April 30, 2009

SkyWatch: Daybreak

I drove down to Brazos Bend State Park last Friday for a day of birding. The early morning skies were filled with ominous dark clouds, and for the first hour of the drive I was afraid I might have to leave the camera in the truck for fear of it getting drenched. But as I continued, much of the clouds and the haze gradually burned off and the rising sun appeared. By the time I had almost reached the park, I just couldn't help but pull off the two-lane highway to snap a few pictures.

Sunrise - 4/24/2009



For more intriguing images of the skies above our world, check out the SkyWatch Friday home page.

SkyWatch Friday

13 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

This is so serene, beautiful! Love the windmill, it adds such a nice touch to your photo. :)

bowledover said...

The clouds look to me like a team of horses galloping across the skies.
Lovely capture. Have a great weekend.

Shey said...

The windmill complements the beautiful scene. Such a relaxing sight.

Anonymous said...

Perfect shot! Hope the rest of your day went as good as it began :) Also love your shots of the herons - they are one of my favourite birds - only the grey heron lives here, but it seems to have a fine-looking cousin!

B SQUARED said...

Looks like a great morning to do almost anything.

Kathy W said...

This is perfect. One of those shots that needs to be a calendar. I think the windmill makes the shot. =) Awesome site you have.

Kelly said...

...beautiful photograph. The windmill is so nice. You had a good eye to stop for a photo when your realized the potential of the shot! So often we drive on through rushing to our destinations.

James said...

That is a wonderful shot of a beautiful Texas sky.

Brad Myers said...

A lovely shot, what a beautiful setting.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a great picture. I hadn't been to that park in years.

Maria said...

Beautiful sunrise! Is that a working windmill? I want one!

Unknown said...

Wonderfully peaceful shot

Dawn Fine said...

Lovely photo..the sun..the silhouettes..very nice.