Monday, March 30, 2009

Bird Photography Weekly: Pied-billed Grebe

More shots from my recent trip to San Bernard NWR. I've really got to finish weeding through the 350+ pictures I took on that trip. At this point, I'm still only a little over halfway through them.

Pied-billed Grebe - 3/16/2009
Pied-billed Grebe (Podilymbus podiceps)


Pied-billed Grebe - 3/16/2009
(Click on any image to see the full-size version)


For more great bird photos from around the world, check out Bird Photography Weekly #31.

Bird Photography Weekly

10 comments:

Bob Kaufman said...

Wonderful photos, Kyle! 350 shots! Wow! I hope we can get as many when we travel to Orlando in a few days from now.

MaineBirder said...

Excellent captures Kyle! I am sure out of those 350 photos, you have some real nice ones.

mick said...

Beautiful photos - and I agree with the comments above - it will be nice to see more from the same trip.

Larry Jordan said...

Awesome captures of the Pied-billed Grebe Kyle! I love these little guys. The way they submarine down below the water surface and pop up who knows where. They are fun birds to watch.

Steve Creek said...

Grebe's are fun to photograph. Great capture!

April said...

Very interesting grebe that I haven't seen before. Beautiful pictures!

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are wonderful! Great shot of the grebe. Only 350? LOL! I took over 600 yesterday. How bad is that? :-D

Evita said...

These are so beautiful and precious! Great composition on these photographs.

Kelly said...

...beautiful captures of the Pied-billed Grebe. Such a fun bird, he's always been one of my favorites!

Dawn Fine said...

Great photos..I clicked on them both to see the full size...