Thursday, May 28, 2009

Watching the Texas Skies

Just wanted to share a few insights into the ever-changing Texas skies from the past week.

We've gone from clear, almost spring-like deep blue skies ...

Standing tall

... to the beginnings of thunder storms rolling slowly in ...

Thunderheads rolling in

... to puffy cotton ball clouds in a bright pastel sky ...

Goode Co. BBQ

... and back to crisp, clear breezy skies that have the birds all awake and ready to soar!

Hawk - 5/21/2009

They always say that if you don't like the weather in Houston, just wait a few minutes and it'll change...


For more intriguing images of the skies above our world, check out the SkyWatch Friday home page.

SkyWatch Friday

11 comments:

Guy D said...

Great variety of shots, the second last one is my favourite.

Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Rob Ripma said...

Very cool shots, the second is my favorite!

Maria said...

Great post... love the cottony clouds!
changing skies = never a dull moment! ~Maria

Jane Hards Photography said...

The eagle is magnificent and the clouds bouncing along just gorgeous.

James said...

They say the same thing about the weather in Dallas.

I just love Texas skies and thunderstorms,BBQ... ok i'll stop.

Great photos thanks for sharing the Texas skies. Have a great weekend.

Tootie said...

I love watching storm clouds rolling in. Your second photo is fantastic.

Owlfarmer said...

I kind of wish I'd seen your post before I linked mine--but at least we're in different parts of Texas . . . Even the raptor shot is one I could have almost duplicated if I'd had my camera with me on the way home from work yesterday.

Nice stuff. I'll be back.

Unknown said...

Very cool shots..

I really like that second one, but then I'm also a sucker for big fluffy clouds :-)

Dot said...

These photos are beautiful! Especially love the 2nd with the storm clouds...love a dramatic sky!

Sanna said...

The second photo is stunning and I love the photo of the bird.

Arija said...

That sounds very much like Melbourne, Australia where the temperature can vary 20 degrees in fifteen minutes.
Love your shots.